Intrinsically Safe Mooring Line Tension Monitoring
Monitor, Alarm and Optimize...
Mooring Line Tensions and Berthed Vessel Safety
Scientifically-in Any Weather-in Real Time
Make Every Line a Safety Line
Protect your crew, vessels and cargo with MCA's full-featured mooring
line tension monitoring system.
forAll the Details
Crew can also define the optimum line deployment per weather conditions. Or use
Mooring Master's flexible reporting to see the big picture of mooring history
over changing ship locations, seasons and loads.
- The tension of every deployed mooring line
- Sea and weather conditions
- Ship movement
Keeping a large vessel securely moored to terminals
that experience extreme wind and tidal conditions
is tricky and often dangerous.
Human error in judging and correcting mooring
tensions endangers life, the environment and
assets. Just "eyeballing it" risks overloading a
line, a chain reaction of broken lines, resultant
tragedy and the consequences of legal and
public relations disasters.
Mooring Masteryour science-based solutiondemonstrates
a firm and responsible corporate policy. Far more important, it curtails
mooring problems at their source: unbalanced mooring line tensions.
How Mooring Master Works
- Waterproof strain gauges (load cells) in every mooring hook electronically
monitor tension in real time.
- Meteorological sensors measure direction and magnitude of winds, currents,
and the height of tides.
- Ship movement sensors are a valuable backup for line tension monitors.
- Hard-wired connections transmit tension, weather and ship movement
data to the command unit in the control room.
- A waterproof radio link system is available if a direct connection
between the dock and the ship is not available.
- Signal conditioners, a high-speed analog-to-digital (A/D) converter
and special software prepare the data for display.
- Crew graphically see each line's tension.
- Unmistakable audio and visual alarms go off when any line approaches
its rated load limit.
- Crew correct each mooring line by the indicated amountscientificallynot
based on "feel" or the uncertainty of human perceptions, which could
be suspect during inclement weather.
- The system records the tension history of each line. The performance
over several hours of any line or lines can be reviewed at any time.
- Complete historical dataindividual moment-by-moment line tensions,
sea and weather conditions, and ship movementare stored on an
optical disk. Reports are easy to define and generate.
Mooring Master System Components:
· Data Acquisition
High Speed A/D Converter
· Data Display
Touch Screen Monitor